Information minister Lai Mohammed Wednesday announced the federal government’s appointment of new heads for agencies under his ministry. The new appointees will replace the chief executives of the agencies who were sacked on February 15, this year.
The new chief executives are:
- Mr Ishaq Modibo Kawu – Director-General, Nigerian Broadcasting
- Mr Mansur Liman – Director-General, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN)
- Mr Yakubu Mohammed – Director-General, Nigerian Television Authority (NTA)
- Dr Garba Abari, Director-General, National Orientation Agency (NOA)
- Mr Bayo Onanuga – Managing Director, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
- Mr Osita Okechukwu – Director-General, Voice of Nigeria (VON)
The appointments take immediate effect, according to Mohammed.